Vintage Cobbler Apron Pattern

I wanted to share one of my favorite apron styles, which is the vintage cobbler apron.  I first came across this style when I was searching for old apron patterns.  When I saw this pattern, I knew I would have to buy it!  :)


Aren't these old patterns so nostalgic?  I love them just to see what women were sewing at the time.  And did you notice that the pattern was only 25 cents?  Pretty neat!  I am not sure when exactly this pattern was produced (there is no copyright), but I am assuming sometime in the early 1950s because I have seen lots of patterns similar to this from that time period. 

This pattern comes with two views.  The first opens in the back and ties at the neck and waist.  This version I would consider one size fits most.  The second view has long slits running up both sides and doesn't have any ties (The picture shows the model wearing it with an optional belt).  Since this version doesn't have any tie adjustments, I would consider it a loose-fitting size medium.

I have made a lot these aprons in both views for my Etsy shop.  I am not sure which I prefer more.  Whenever I make a new one, I think I like that particular view better.  But then I make the other view and am convinced I like that view better !  Whichever one, they are both so sweet!

 
 

I have recently made a modification to the second view to make it one size fits most.  I keep both sides open and tie the apron closed with ties on either side.  I must admit that I am very happy with the result!