Fantastic Crabtastic Placemats

I wanted to share a new set of placemats that I just made for a custom order.  They use fabric from the Crabtastic collection by Maude Asbury.  I have used both of these fabrics before on placemats, but never together, and they turned out so cute that I had to post them.  I just wish that I had bought enough of the fabrics to make a set for myself!

 

 The first side has rows of lemons, crabs, cracking utensils and fun phrases bordered by red and checkered strips.  I originally paired this fabric with one that featured salt and pepper shakers and other condiments for a crab/lobster bake, which also made a really cute set of placemats.

 
 

 The reverse side has red and pink lobsters lined up in rows.  I originally used this fabric with a light blue fabric with rows of white cracking utensils.  I loved this set of placemats for an all-lobster themed dinner.


I am glad that my customer requested using these fabrics together.  New and different ideas are definitely the best part of custom orders!