Cumulus Sailor Top

It has been a while since my last post.  I have been very busy with product for my shop, but also with some projects for myself.  I am always buying patterns and fabric for fabulous outfits for myself, but because most of my "free time" is spent on sewing for my shop I never get to these personal sewing projects.  One of the patterns that I bought a while back is the Sailor Top by Fancy Tiger Crafts.



I love this simple style with the raglan sleeves and the gathering that goes around the entire neck.  It came together pretty easily in one afternoon - cutting and all.  The final step of attaching the yoke/wide band to the neck was what I found to be the trickiest part.  


I had just been working with Joel Dewberry's Atrium Cumulus in Mint for a long sleeved painter's type smock as a belated birthday gift for my Mom.  I had a few extra yards and thought it would be the perfect choice for my first attempt at this top.  I have always loved this fabric and am glad that I made something cute for myself out of it.